Open Positions at SecureWon
Cybersecurity Engineer / IT Audit Consultant
Remote / Onsite / Travel Possible
Hourly rate: $100-$150/hour
As the Cybersecurity Engineer / IT Audit Consultant you will be responsible for providing information security and compliance consultative services to middle-market/large organizations. This role requires advanced-level technical skills, and expert knowledge of networking and associated technologies. The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business.
- Assisting to develop and expand our cybersecurity practice in the Massachusetts markets.
- Advising clients in improving information security and cybersecurity practices
- Providing onsite security engineering services as a part of a managed security service solution
- Implementation and support of SIEM type products, such as Rocket Cyber, AlienVault
- Ability to perform vulnerability assessments using tools like Nessus, Nexpose, Metasploit
- Performing information security risk assessments and cyber threat analyses
- Performing gap analyses according to various technology / compliance standards
- Understanding and documenting IT internal controls for organizations’ process/data/workflow
- Evaluating and testing IT general and application controls
- Developing creative, logical solutions and assisting in the presentation of findings and recommendations to clients
- Interacting with clients on a regular basis for various cyber-security and technology related projects
- Meeting deadlines and proactively communicating with project team members
- Attending professional networking events and speaking engagements
- Contributing to cybersecurity thought leadership content.
- Attending professional development sessions on a regular basis
- Performing assignments both autonomously and as part of a team
- Bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity, information technology, business information systems or a related field is required.
- CISSP, CISA, or equivalent
- Professional cybersecurity, technology consulting and/or IT audit background and/or experience preferred, SOC experience a plus.
- Knowledge of various security standards preferred (ex: SOC-1, SOC-2, CSA, PCI, CIS, NIST 800 Series)
- Understanding of various frameworks (ex: COBIT, COSO, NIST Cybersecurity) frameworks
- Ability to problem-solve and think both creatively and logically.
- Ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- A demonstrated knowledge or awareness of a variety of technologies and cybersecurity topics
- Ability to create various types of reports: presentations, findings/recommendation, and
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Business development experience preferred.
- Public speaking experience preferred.
- Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to frequently lift and /or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds; with some installations requiring multiple personnel and coordination.
- Ability to climb up and down ladders.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and ability to legally operate a motor vehicle.
IT Level 1 Help Desk Technician
Hybrid, On-site / Remote
Full time 5 days a week starting May 1, 2023
Salary Range $50,000 – 65,000, plus car and cell phone allowance
As the Level 1 Help Desk Technician you will be responsible for investigating, testing, troubleshooting, and assessing issues related to the client’s computer software and hardware, including operating systems, such as Mac and Windows, document user requests and update client trouble tickets with the current status of the issue, while maintaining client communication throughout the process. You must be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution to non-technical users. The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business.
- Serve as the first point of contact by providing technical assistance and support for all technology users and communicating resolution with users.
- Update and maintain the help-desk ticketing system by recording events and problems on service tickets.
- Perform troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by the client.
- Maintain standards of desktop, laptop and tablet operating systems, applications, tools, and technologies.
- Perform hardware and software installations, configurations and updates as needed.
- Assist in managing third-party vendor and service provider relationships.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Follow-up and update client status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions from clients to the appropriate internal team.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Create and update support documentation in accordance with standards to improve future troubleshooting efforts and end user training.
- Proven experience as a service desk technician or other customer support technical role
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and remote control
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Superb attention to detail and a strong process-based approach to search execution.
- Highly detail-oriented, with strong organization and time-management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities in a high-pressure environment while delivering high results.
- Comfortable embracing existing technologies and be willing to learn new technologies when necessary.
- Flexibility to react quickly to changing business needs.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and take constructive criticism, coaching and feedback on a consistent basis.
- Ability to forge and maintain excellent working relationships with all members of the SecureWon Team and its clients.
To submit your application please fill out the form or send your cover letter and resume to:
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
“We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”
Get Started with SecureWon